Torre Baronale in piazza S. Rocco 67050 Collelongo AQ, Italia
407
Torre Baronale in piazza S. Rocco

The Tower was built to guard the medieval village of Collelongo the beginning of the year 1000, to control and defend the long process that led to the Roveto Valley. The structure of the tower is characterized by a linear construction technique, based on the use of square blocks of limestone: was reinforced in the fourteenth century and used in the Renaissance as the keep of the town, with the adjacent Baronial Palace. Made in stone and with a square plan, it is the result of various modifications, including its reconstruction after the 1915 earthquake.

Related Listings