The Jewish Museum in Livorno is located in the Marini Oratory, a neoclassical building suitable to house the place of worship in 1867. On display there are some of the furniture once kept in the Monumental Synagogue, built starting in 1593, but continually embellished in later centuries; the synagogue was destroyed during the Second World War as a result of one of the many bombings that hit the city. It houses the permanent exhibition “1938 – The Jewish School of Livorno: an alternative to the racial laws”.
Address: Via Micali 21
Phone and fax: 0586 839772