Built around the year 1460 by Antonio Piccolomini, the nephew of Pope Pius II, who subsequently took command as a barony. Later, following the fortunes of the town, the fort had several feudal passages, until the present Fiastri Zannelli, the current owners. The castle – now a hotel-restaurant – still preserved many original elements and a medieval-Renaissance appearance, despite some restoration work carried out to repair the damage caused by earthquakes. The buildings that surround it are embellished with mullioned windows.
Architectural, Artistic and Historical heritage